Taking care of my skin has always been a top priority. Once puberty hit and the teenage acne rolled in, my mom gave me a small skin care regime to follow. Now that regime looks a lot different with an entire daily skin care routine in place. I’m often asked how do I keep my skin clear, so I thought I’d share a few of my tips that I do to achieve clear skin.
1. Vitamins provide our bodies with essential nutrients that we normally do no receive from the various foods we consume everyday. Our bodies need a daily dose of vitamins such as A, E and C to keep our skin looking it’s best. There are many vitamins out there but a one a day supplement is perfect for a one and done process.
2. One of the hardest steps to clearer skin for me personally was giving up sugar. Chocolate is one of my favorite desserts however, when I discovered it was affecting my skin, I avoided my guilty pleasure all together. To this day whenever I do indulge in sweets, I’m sure to find a pimple or two forming somewhere on my face the next day. Sugar produces oil which clogs your pores leaving you with zits everywhere leaving no mercy. Drink plenty of water each day to hydrate your skin unclogging your pores.
3. Create a skin care routine and stay consistent. Having a consistent skin care routine keeps your precious skin on the right track to clearer skin each day. Skin care routines can be any line of products that you choose. Having a routine constantly keeps your face clean and your skin at its very best.
I usually do my routine in this order:
2. Exfoliate ( two/three days a week)
6. Facial Mist
4. Invest and find what products work best for your skin. There are a ton of products out there but honestly there are only a few that will actually perform best on your skin. Not all skin is the same, what works for you may not work for the next. I opt to try new products all the time because if I can find something better, I will take it. And if it’s budget friendly, I’m definitely all for it.